A demonstration farm is a farm which is used primarily to demonstrate various agricultural /horticultural techniques with any economic gains being an added bonus, demonstration farmers are owned and operated by this company with the support of the land owner [farm owner].
‣ It is mutual understanding agreement with company and Land owner for some years.
‣ Many demonstration farms not only have crops, but may Also have various types of live stock, various techniques For feeding and bedding.
This demonstration farms not only used for teaching Purpose but also useful to Agri/Horti students as demonstration And also very useful for local farmers.
Multiple crops demonstration farm
District demonstration farm’s in each & every district head quarters in India. Every demonstration farm covers 10 to 15 acres and raises all imported plants from various countries in the world.
‣ This demonstration farms is useful for farmers of that District
‣ They also get original plants from this demonstration Farms
‣ They can practically see the crop varieties in the Farm so that they can select the right plant based According to their conditions easily.
This demonstration farm had 100 to 150 varieties of Plants in different crops.Crops:
01. Agriculture crops
02. Horticulture crops
03. Sericulture crops
04. Medicinal crops
05. Pulp wood plantation
06. Timber wood plantation
07. Aromatic crops
08. Floriculture crops
09.Live stock units
15.Sheep & goat
17.Mini dairy units
18.Fish farm small
19.Duck units….. etc
This demo plots surprising regd by the local govt because from this demo crop plot also had a propagation centre to supply the plants to the district farmers. This means demo crop and propagation centre
The owner of the demo crop unit will get good profit all govt officers and govt schemes get plants from this demonstration crop unit.